A BEAUTIFUL TESTIMONY OF OLD PARIS FROM RESTAURATION PERIOD
Hard-paste porcelain plate used certainly for dessert, ornate with a gilt “bruni à l’effet” frieze on a purple (“pourpre”) ground, with Neoclassical elements as foliages, basins, griffins and masks, surrounded by large gilt filets. The center is ornate with a nice and big polychrome bouquet of flowers.
Paris, Schoelcher Manufactory, rue du Faubourg Saint-Denis, circa 1820.
Marked with the red stamp “Schoelcher” at the reverse.
Diameter : 22,7 cm.
For a discussion about the Schoelcher family and manufactory, see [PLINVAL, 1995], pp.407-414.