Bronze with brown patina.
Signed on the terrace on the left "J.B.ALIX".
H. 36 x L. 13 x D. 10.5 cm.
Jean-Baptiste Alix, a pupil of David d'Angers and Léon Cogniet, entered the École des Beaux-Arts on April 2, 1828. The sculptor exhibited for the first time at the Salon of 1835. There is no longer any mention of him after the Salon of 1850, when he lived in Paris, 18, rue Saint-Pierre-Popincourt.