White biscuit bust, possibly after a model by Boizot circa 1800, resting on a porcelain half-column marked in gold "Bonaparte Ier Consul", on a biscuit square base.
Overall good condition, chips on the back.
Mark of the factory on the reverse.
H. 31 cm.
The earthenware factory in Niderviller, in Lorraine, was created in 1735. Influenced by German and French tastes, it took on great importance at the end of the 18th century, being often compared in quality to the Manufacture de Sèvres. It continued its activity until the end of the 20th century.