Round miniature painted in gouache on ivory, signed lower right on the border ".Boudin.", depicting a blonde woman wearing a wreath of flowers, in a white dress, seated against a background of a forest landscape, holding her newborn baby on his knees.
Good overall condition, a small crack on the left edge.
In a 18k gold round hanging frame, containing on the back a knotted lock of hair, probably of the child represented.
It is accompanied by a handwritten paper indicating: "Mme Geoffroy née Goupy with the future Mme Blangini in her arms".
D. 5.7 cm. Gross weight: 45.1 g.
Andrée Adélaïde GOUPY (1771-1820), first married in 1791 to Élie Thomas GEOFFROY (?-?) with whom she gave birth to Marie Adélaïde GEOFFROY (between 1791 and 1798-?) before divorcing in year VII (1798). Their daughter subsequently married in 1816 Joseph Marc Marie Félix BLANGINI (1781-1841), music composer in Turin.
- Élie Thomas Geoffroy (?-?).
- His son, Charles Geoffroy (1793-1871), one of the first directors of the Manufactory of Gien from 1831 to 1860.
- His son-in-law Gustave Charles Gondouin (1823-1895).
- His daughter Jeanne Gondouin (1851-1942).
- Then by descent, the Langlois de Rubercy family.
- N. Lemoine-Bouchard, Les peintres en miniature, 1650-1850, Les Éditions de l'Amateur, 2008, p. 114.
- F. Pupil, La miniature, Collections of the Historical Museum of Lorraine, Nancy, 1993, p. 46.