Of "Peyre" shape with lobed contours, decorated on the marli with groups of polychrome flowers, in an entourage of ornaments printed in gold as well as the central rosette decorated with interlacing.
Very good condition.
Sèvres Royal Factory, 1846.
D. 23 cm.
Service called "des Fleurs" ordered by King Louis-Philippe for the Pavillon de Breteuil on June 26, 1846, then delivered in two stages in 1847.
The pavilion, located in the park of the Château de Saint-Cloud, was the residence of the Count of Montalivet, general intendant of the King's Civil List, several times Minister of the Interior and close to Louis-Philippe, between 1842 and 1848.
This service, described as "white background, groups of colored flowers" has the distinction of being the only multi-lobed table of the King, reminiscent of Louis XV period services in Sèvres.
Rare copies have appeared on the market, a plate that is part of the Court donation (2013) is kept at the Louis-Philippe museum, Château d'Eu. Two plates sold for € 3,000 at Drouot at Collin du Bocage, June 13, 2014, lot 63.