Hard-paste porcelain, with polychrome decoration in the center of a view of the Belvedere designed between 1778 and 1781 for Queen Marie-Antoinette in the English Garden of the Petit Trianon at Versailles, captioned in gold on the circular reserve: "Pavillon de Musique dans le Parc du Petit Trianon", surrounded by a frieze of gilt grecques, the marli with a blue agate ground decorated with palm leaves, frieze of posts and garlands of foliage in gold.
Very good condition.
Sèvres royal factory, 1843.
Marked with blue stamp.
D. 24.5 cm.
Described "fond bleu agate, frise de palmettes en or bruni à plat, paysages peints en couleurs", this innovative service was commissioned on May 9, 1833 for the King's official residence, the Tuileries Palace. It was originally made up of 133 pieces including 100 flat plates (at 120 francs each). It was before presented to the Exhibition of Products of French Industry, on December 27, 1832, under number 21.
Intended to serve as propaganda on the table of the King of the French, since his guests could admire landscapes of admirable places but also popular from all regions of France, his decorations were executed by Langlacé, Lebel and Develly after engravings, drawings and paintings kept in the archives of the Manufacture de Sèvres.
He underwent several restocking every year, especially in 1843.